April and May Events
Thursday, April 25th: FC Tucson Field 1 Ground Breaking, 4:40 PM (https://www.facebook.com/events/580596805292860/)
- FC Tucson is breaking ground on Field 1. FC Tucson has invited the general public to join them for the ceremony, so bring your friends, family, and co-workers to the ceremony. The actual ground-breaking will take place at 4:45 PM. At the ceremony, we will debut our new Salvation Army bass drum.
- We are hosting a general meeting and pot luck at Ramada 1 in Golf Links Park from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Bring your friends, family, and co-workers to this Cinco de Mayo celebration as we will be eating, drinking, and practicing our chants.
- On May 14th, FC Tucson will kick off their campaign in the 100th US Open Cup. For those of you who don’t know, the US Open Cup is the United States equivalent to the FA Cup in England. Club Teams, Division 4 teams (FC Tucson), all Division 3 teams (USL-Pro), all Division 2 teams (NASL), and all Division 1 teams (MLS) take part in the competition. The winner of the US Open Cup is awarded a spot in the group stages of the CONCACAF Champions League.
- FC Tucson will be hosting the Phoenix FC Wolves on Tuesday, May 14th, in the first round of the US Open Cup. Kickoff is set for 7:30 PM, but we will begin tailgating at 5:55 PM on the lawn in front of Field 5.
- We are asking everyone to wear BLACK. Black jerseys, black shirts, black shorts, black shoes, black hats, etc.
Saturday, May 18th: Southern California Seahorses, 5:25 PM (http://www.facebook.com/events/424547384294810/)
- On May 18th, FC Tucson will play its PDL Home Opener against the So Cal Seahorses. We will begin tailgating at 5:25 PM on the lawn in front of Field 5. We are asking everyone to wear Black (FC Tucson will be hosting a blackout.) We will be providing food and non-alcoholic beverages, but you are more than welcome to bring your own food and alcohol.
Saturday, May 25 - Monday, May 27th: FC Tucson at Ventura County Fusion & FC Tucson at Pali Blues (Second ever Cactus Pricks PDL Road Trip http://www.facebook.com/events/218538528292416/)
- In partnership with FC Tucson, we are happy to announce the second ever Cactus Pricks PDL Road Trip! This year, we will be traveling to Los Angeles, California over Memorial Day Weekend (Saturday, May 25th-Monday, May 27th) for not one, but two FC Tucson PDL matches - FC Tucson vs. Ventura County and FC Tucson vs. Pali Blues!
Beyond the two FC Tucson matches, we’ll also spend a day at the beach. For $210 per person, you will receive a seat on the van, a ticket to each of the two matches, a bed at the Howard Johnson Reseda for two nights, and a free breakfast each morning. In order for this road-trip to go on as planned, FC Tucson must sell 7 spots by May 13th.
If this trip is successful, FC Tucson will make this a yearly event, so please book in advance. The link to purchase a seat on the roadtrip is http://fctucson.com/team/run-with-fc-tucson-to-socal/. For more information regarding the road trip, including the itinerary, please visit the FB event page